Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reunion #2

Yesterday was a great day.  Emily and I drove to a park in Boise to meet up with Lonnie and Liz and their adorable kids.
If Kara was extraordinary at ultrasounds, then Liz (in the middle) is the queen of antepartum.  She is just that kind of nurse, and person, that brought in sunshine when I was on bed rest last summer.  I can't say anything bad about any St. Luke's employees, but there are just certain ones, like Liz, that make you so thankful they came into your life.

And Lonnie, on the left, should know.  She made it an amazing 11 weeks on bed rest before baby Kean came into the world.  I met Lonnie in the NICU when her boy was in the next room.  Another person I'm now lucky to call friend since she has been there through the last year to help me keep my sanity.

So, while Liz's two boys and Lonnie's three girls splashed in the water and raced around the park, the "babies", Kean and Emily, watched as the three of us were able to have adult talk - bliss.  It will be fun when Emily is able to run around the park with them.


Look at those teeth!!!


Clapping practice - why should I clap, when I can make Dad do it for me???